Wednesday, April 6, 2016

PROGRESS, I HOPE

Another problem arose! Yesterday I was supposed to film Shaggy and Andy in Weston. Andy was supposed to be in a recording studio at a friend's house in Weston so my plan was to film Shaggy at Regional park then go over to the recording studio with my mom so she could act as the mother. At 3:00 when school ended, Shaggy had told me he was running late and Andy wasn't answering his phone. Then finally, at 3:30, Andy calls me, "Hey, I just got home" to which I responded with, "HOME? WHY ARE YOU HOME? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE IN WESTON!".
Andy
Shaggy
Recording in the studio had been canceled and he forgot about filming. Mind you, Andy lives in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, 35 minutes away and even worse with traffic at that time. My mom refused to drive all the way there so I changed the scene a little bit. Instead of having a woman acting as his mom, then come into the room, I am just going to insert a recording of my mom's voice as Andy acts as if he is talking to her. By the time I got to Andy's house after filming Shaggy, and sitting in rush hour traffic, it had gotten dark outside. The only light sources in his room were a string of christmas lights surrounding his ceiling with a peak of sunset light coming through the window. The shots were dark, but adequate. Hopefully I can do some editing to brighten it a little bit. This might be a good thing because in our initial plan we wanted to incorporate lighting in his scene as the dark lighting symbolizes his rough life at home, although this lighting may be too dark.
I attached some stills from filming to show the lighting and the settings.

Today I will be filming Izze at my house then I will be going back to band practice to re-film the band scene, as well as get a recording of the instrumentals of Sao Paolo.

Side note: all of the actors will have headphones in, listening to music, showing their literal connection to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment