Saturday, March 26, 2016

KUMIKO INSPO

Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter (2014)
Although I haven't watched Kumiko, from the synopsis and character developments I've read I can infer that Kumiko, the woman pictured above, had a bright personality. The plot included information of Kumiko leaving her office job in Tokyo to find hidden treasure in North Dakota as her "imagination transcends the confines her mundane life". The color choice in this shot exemplifies Kumiko's colorful and different personality against the (literally) dull and grey world. I'd like to have this, as I've said previously, prevalent in our own shots. The one shot I had in mind would be Alejandro's shot where he is in the library surrounded by dull and grey books where his clothing would be bright and colorful, representing his creative mind in his mundane studies.


"Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter." Rotten Tomatoes. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Mar. 2016. 


No comments:

Post a Comment